Software Engineer - Cape Town
Salary: ZAR £450 - £500K + Excellent BenefitsThe client:
Our client is an EMEA leader in decision-making AI products for the Enterprise, with headquarters in London, and offices in Paris, Cape Town. With expertise in both machine intelligence research and practical business deployments, Leveraging its extensive know-how in GPU-accelerated computing, deep learning and reinforcement learning, the company has built products and solutions that tackle the most complex challenges across a range of industries. The firm's hands-on approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of clients, ensures an exciting and rewarding environment to work and thrive in.
Your job is to design and develop our clients in-house machine learning workflow and research platform. By doing so, you will enable the research and engineering teams to deliver new products, services and research breakthroughs that were previously out of reach. You will work with researchers to understand their needs and explore potential solutions, implementing what's needed to achieve higher computational performance.
- Designing and developing the in-house Machine Learning libraries
- Implementing various approaches for high-performance and distributed computing on infrastructure.
- Write high-quality, maintainable and modular software libraries and work side by side with the researchers and engineers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in computer science
- Strong in object-oriented design Python coding skills
- Experience in contributing, maintaining and/or building open source projects
- Experience with profiling tools (GPU, CPU, Memory, Garbage collection)
- Experience in parallel and high performance computing
- Experience with DevOps and cloud technologies GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong communication skills and collaboration with researchers and developers
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge on machine learning and reinforcement learning
- Experience with AutoGrad libraries such as Tensorflow, Jax and/or PyTorch.
- Competitive salary.
- Working in small, diverse teams where you can make an impact.
- Varied challenges across industries.
- Cooperation across European and Overseas offices
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Software Engineer, Software Developer, Python, DevOps, cloud, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes