Senior Software Engineer - Cape Town
Salary: ZAR £450 - £500K + Excellent Benefits
Our client is an EMEA leader in decision-making AI products for the Enterprise, with headquarters in London, and offices in Paris, Cape Town. With expertise in both machine intelligence research and practical business deployments, Leveraging its extensive know-how in GPU-accelerated computing, deep learning and reinforcement learning, the company has built products and solutions that tackle the most complex challenges across a range of industries. The firm's hands-on approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of clients, ensures an exciting and rewarding environment to work and thrive in.
This highly successful business is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the expanding team in Cape Town.
In this role you will report to: Software Engineering Lead.
Accelerate delivery of AI-first products and solutions to businesses and end users through robust and timely software engineering. Support company's product, machine learning and research teams.
- Execute and drive the vision of an AI-first company, where software engineers and product team are fluent in the whole spectrum of mathematical problem solutions from operational research to kernel methods to self-play RL to adversarial networks.
- Live and breathe best software development and deployment practices: end to end DevOps and gitflow for life.
- Write high quality, reliable, scalable code integrating it neatly with - often Python based - machine learning frameworks.
- Become your best self in a team that welcomes diversity of thinking and personal experiences, and champions psychological safety.
- Won't do easy, and be inspired and proud of your work.
- Five or more years of work experience as a software engineer: everyday multi-year experience in OOD (e.g. C++, C#, Java). Familiarity with Python and willingness to fall head over heels in Golang.
- Excellent communication skills: writing project proposals from one pagers to company wide presentations and quarterly project plans.
- Curiosity to live best practices in devops-first world: k8s, cloud, distributed log handling.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise and communicate across the team.
- Experience in high performance computing: distributing models across multiple GPUs, work with highly customised ML models a big plus.
- Experience in data and outcome visualisation.
- Competitive salary
- Working in small, diverse teams where you can make an impact
- Varied challenges across industries
- GAP Cover
- Cooperation across European and African offices
- Annual offsite events
- Flexible working hours
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Senior Software Engineer, Research, AI, Python, C/C++, OOD, software developer, devops, software