Research Engineer (Applied RL) - Cape TownSalary: ZAR £450 - £500K + Excellent Benefits
Our client is an EMEA leader in decision-making AI products for the Enterprise, with headquarters in London, and offices in Paris, Cape Town. With expertise in both machine intelligence research and practical business deployments, Leveraging its extensive know-how in GPU-accelerated computing, deep learning and reinforcement learning, the company has built products and solutions that tackle the most complex challenges across a range of industries. The firm's hands-on approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of clients, ensures an exciting and rewarding environment to work and thrive in.
The focus of a Research Engineer (RE) is on implementing the most innovative AI or cognitive computing technologies in order to solve identified business problems, and helping in the execution of technologies for commercial deployment. The RE's goal is to develop and implement state-of-the-art algorithms while building simple and sustainable software solutions. Among the tasks they are responsible for: working on novel research ideas, developing prototype applications, providing software design, implementing software libraries.
In this role, you will report to a Senior or Lead Research Engineer.
- Develop novel algorithms and research ideas in fields such as reinforcement learning and operational research with machine learning.
- Design and implement algorithms to best leverage modern hardware and distributed computing systems (CPUs, GPUs, TPUs, Cloud, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Research team to turn concept work into actionable content.
- Report and present experimental results and research findings clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, orally and in writing in English.
- Upon request, collaborate with the business development team in their pre-sales activities, including but not limited to presenting the company to new prospective clients, and representing the company in conferences/events.
- M.S./Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Operational Research, Reinforcement learning or related field.
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++ and/or Python or similar languages.
- Proficiency with Git workflow, development with best coding practices.
- Experience in deploying software to production using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in performing innovative research in applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Jax, and/or Keras.
- Research and software engineering experience demonstrated via an internship, contributions to open source, work experience, or coding competitions.
- By applying you confirm you can demonstrate that you have the right to work in South Africa.
- Competitive salary.
- Working in small, diverse teams where you can make an impact.
- Varied challenges across industries.
- Cooperation across European and African offices.
- Annual offsite events.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Research Engineer, Applied RL, RL, Research, AI, Python, C/C++, GoLang, software, Git, software,